Trail User Counts
In early 2017, Blackhawk Hills Regional Council (BHRC), with the support of the Illinois Department of Transportation, began to study trail use in Northwest Illinois. Trails included:
- Galena River Trail (Jo Daviess County)
- Great River Trail (Carroll, and Whiteside counties)
- Hennepin Feeder Canal Trail (Whiteside County)
- Jane Addams Trail (Stephenson County)
- Joe Stengel Trail (Lee and Ogle counties)
- Lowell Parkway Trail (Lee County)
- Sterling Multi-Activity Recreational Trail (Whiteside County)
Events for 1 calendar year, with starts dates as early as 4/28/2018. Events = 10% Trimmed Hourly Mean x24 x365.
Greenways & Trails Planning
Each county in Northwest Illinois maintains plans for the development and advancement of land and water trails. To download these plans for viewing, visit www.blackhawkhills.com/plans.
This website, over time, will be updated to include water trails and the hiking trails of the state park system.