Trail User Counts
Blackhawk Hills Regional Council (BHRC), with the support of the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT), studies trail use in Northwest Illinois. Trails included:
- Four Sisters’ Bike Path (Ogle County)
- Galena River Trail (Jo Daviess County)
- Great River Trail (Carroll and Whiteside counties)
- Hennepin Feeder Canal Trail (Whiteside County)
- Jane Addams Trail (Stephenson County)
- Joe Stengel Trail (Lee and Ogle counties)
- Lowell Parkway Trail (Lee County)
- Oregon Community Bike Trail (Ogle County)
- Sterling Multi-Activity Recreational Trail (Whiteside County)
Greenways & Trails Planning
Each county in Northwest Illinois maintains plans for the development and advancement of land and water trails.
Over time, this website will be updated to include water trails and the hiking trails of the state park system.